Ely Street Bridge
There was another bridge here prior to this one. It had stone abutments.
- Pony truss bridge over Bear Creek on Ely Street in Hannibal
- Hannibal, Marion County, Missouri
- Closed, being dismantled for removal week of June 22, 2015 (see pics)
- Future prospects
- City decided to replaced rather than repair, May 2015. Being removed now. A number of residents use this street to access a remote part of Hannibal.
- Built ca. 1910; rehabilitated 1984; Closed to traffic 2-27-15
- Warren pony truss; Concrete Deck.
Length of largest span: 80.0 ft.
Total length: 84.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.6 ft.
- Also called
- 6th Street Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.70250, -91.35759 (decimal degrees)
39°42'09" N, 91°21'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/640805/4396027 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Hannibal East
- Land survey
- T. 57 N., R. 4 W., Sec. 28
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- MONBI 18412 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 21991 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 21.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 23, 2015: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Added dismantling photos; update misc. details.
- May 28, 2015: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Update future status of bridge per City of Hannibal plans.
- March 18, 2015: Updated by David Backlin: Updated status to Closed
- April 3, 2006: Posted new photos
- David Backlin - us71 [at] cox [dot] net
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com