Briscoe Bridge, CR 337
Briscoe Bridge; Marion County, MO CR337; North River. This is a 2 shot 35mm film panoramic, physically 'stitched' together after processing. Notice the massive dent on the opening. This was due to having a big trunk of a massive oak falling on it in 2003.
Photo taken by K. Allen Ballard Jan 20, 2004
BH Photo #282867
Scenic location, easy to shoot bridge from several angles. Bridge was replaced shortly after the record Midwest Mississippi flood of 2008. The bridge was badly damaged by debris coming down the North River, so the Marion County Commissioners moved the replacement up. The bridge was closed by flooding and not reopened after water receeded. I have always understood locally the bridge was named Briscoe.
- Lost through truss bridge over North River on CR 337
- Marion County, Missouri
- Replaced by a new concrete bridge
- Built ca. 1910
- Pin-connected, 8-panel Pratt through truss. Regular ramp approaches at both ends.
Length of largest span: 136.1 ft.
Total length: 201.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 17.6 ft.
- Also called
- North River CR 337 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.84072, -91.48012 (decimal degrees)
39°50'27" N, 91°28'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/630048/4411289 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Quincy SW
- Land survey
- T. 58 N., R. 5 W., Sec. 8
- Inventory numbers
- MO 064-174000.4 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
MONBI 18132 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 22006 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 02/2009)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 19.8 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- April 27, 2014: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Added photo; caption detail; bridge name; demo date; approach ramp detail;description details.