BNSF - Chariton River Bridge (Elmer)
Build date comes from Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway bridge records at Temple, TX Railroad Museum.
- Pratt Through truss bridge over Chariton River on BNSF Railway, southwest of Elmer
- Macon County, Missouri
- Open to traffic
- Built 1931
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 220.0 ft.
Total length: 440.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.94766, -92.65984 (decimal degrees)
39°56'52" N, 92°39'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/529058/4422003 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 44971 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 10, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: added information
- April 22, 2010: Added by James Baughn
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Southwest Chief #4 Elmer, Missouri - YouTube - The Southwest Chief train #4 gives a nice little horn salute as it crosses the Chariton River just west of Elmer, Missouri. 3-21-2015