Locals often call this "Magic Bus Lane/Rd"; atop the bluff above this bridge was an old abandoned bus that had been a Boy Scout Camp, pre-1960's. The bus sat here for many years until some unknowns rolled it far enough to push it off the bluff sometime in the last 10 yrs. Repeated floods has washed the 'Magic Bus' 1/4 mile plus downstream. This road was a local Lover's Lane of sorts for many years. Sometime in the 1980-90's the deck was removed the bridge was closed. Mid 1990's the Howard Const Co. of Canton completely refurbished the bridge, including a new deck.
- Through truss bridge over Wyaconda River on Sunflower Street (CR 552)
- Lewis County, Missouri
- Open to one-lane traffic
- Built 1899 by the Massillon Bridge Co.
- - Massillon Bridge Co. of Massillon, Ohio
- Pin-connected, 6-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 109.9 ft.
Total length: 111.8 ft.
Deck width: 14.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 17.0 ft.
- Also called
- Sunflower Street
Magic Bus Lane
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.08800, -91.53821 (decimal degrees)
40°05'17" N, 91°32'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/624619/4438548 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- La Grange
- Land survey
- T. 61 N., R. 06 W., Sec. 14
- Inventory numbers
- MO 056-207001.7 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
MONBI 19016 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 21889 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 01/2016)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 40.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- December 6, 2017: New photos from K. Allen Ballard
- May 2, 2016: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Changed bridge name to 'LaGrange' based on review of MO Bridge Inventory data; added alternative names; some historical description based on local/personal knowledge.
- May 7, 2010: New photos from James Baughn