Photo taken by Steve Conro in September 2005
The Canton Ferry is the longest continually operating ferry on the Mississippi having been in service since 1853. The ferry operates south of Lock and Dam #20 between the landing on the Canton Riverfront in Lewis County, Missouri to the landing at Meyer, in Adams County, Illinois. The ferry carries all size vehicles from bicycles to semi trucks. The current ferry was put into operation in 1994.
- Ferry across Mississippi River
- Canton, Lewis County, Missouri, and Adams County, Illinois
- Closed as of 2014
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.13427, -91.51071 (decimal degrees)
40°08'03" N, 91°30'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/626878/4443722 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 50231 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 23, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- July 23, 2017: Updated by Jeremy Ruble: Update ferry status to closed.
- October 8, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- November 16, 2011: Added by Steve Conro