Hargis Ford Bridge
Hargis Ford Bridge, facing north
Photo taken by Chris Gonnerman in March 2010
BH Photo #204047
Source says that the damage was caused by a truck hitting the upright seen in photos.
- Abandoned pony truss bridge over Middle Fabius River on Broadleaf Street (CR 336)
- Lewis County, Missouri
- Partially collapsed, closed by county with girders
- Future prospects
- I have been advised tha a new span is being designed to replace current bridge. Uncertain when this will occur.
- Built 1904 by the James B. Diver Bridge Co.
- - James B. Diver Bridge Co. of Keokuk, Iowa
- Pin-connected, 5-panel Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 88.9 ft.
Total length: 104.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.16044, -91.86260 (decimal degrees)
40°09'38" N, 91°51'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/596861/4446184 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 62 N., R. 09 W., Sec. 23
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- MO 056-071002.0 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
MONBI 14624 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 21869 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of January 2014)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 21.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 3, 2014: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Add new photos; damage details; update future prospects of bridge
- July 14, 2011: Updated by Chris Gonnerman: Updated description; hope this fixes it not being gray in the main listing
- July 12, 2011: Updated by Chris Gonnerman: Updated status to "closed."