Old US 66 Gasconade River Bridge
Overview in winter
Photo taken by James Baughn in January 2009
BH Photo #312737
If anyone is interested in the mechanics of saving and then restoring an historic truss bridge please join us on the Rt 66 GRB Rehab page on Facebook.
- Four-spans - 1 Warren Pony truss, 1 Pratt & 2 Parker through truss bridge over Gasconade River on Old US 66 near Hazelgreen.
- Laclede County, Missouri
- Intact but closed to all traffic. Under Fundraising by Workin' Bridges
- Future prospects
- MoDOT has green lighted the conceptual agreement for ownership if fundraising is successful. If unsuccessful the bridge will be removed.
- Built 1922-24
- - Missouri DOT engineered bridge
- From west to east:
One 8-panel Warren pony truss with alternating verticals
Two 8-panel Parker through trusses
One 6-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 161.7 ft.
Total length: 525.8 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.8 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Rte 66 Gasconade River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.75909, -92.45186 (decimal degrees)
37°45'33" N, 92°27'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/548282/4179227 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 35 N., R. 14 W., Sec. 15
- Inventory numbers
- MoDOT G-245 (Missouri Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
MONBI 4570 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 21827 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2013)
- Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 23.8 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- October 17, 2017: Updated by Julie Bowers: Change of Conditions
- June 20, 2016: New video from Mark Shannon
- February 21, 2015: New photos from Chris Perry
- January 7, 2015: New photos from James Baughn
- June 26, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- February 27, 2014: New photo from Jack Schmidt
- January 30, 2012: New photo from Larry Dooley
- December 3, 2011: New photo from David Backlin
- August 19, 2011: New photos from Ben Tate
- December 13, 2008: New photos from Gene McCluney
- July 28, 2008: New photos from David Backlin
- July 27, 2008: New photos from Kim Harvey
- March 22, 2005: Posted photos by David Backlin