Troublesome Creek CR 293 Bridge
Photo taken by K. Allen Ballard in June 3, 2017
BH Photo #393286
Although the National Bridge Inventory gives a build date of 1987, aerial imagery suggests this is a through girder bridge. So this bridge is either much older, or was built using recycled parts. Very heavy duty girder construction, possible former RR span, or constructed from same.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Troublesome Creek on CR 293
- Knox County, Missouri
- Open to traffic
- Built 1987? Possibly moved here in 1987?
- Pony plate girder (?), possibly former RR span moved here?
Length of largest span: 64.0 ft.
Total length: 66.9 ft.
Deck width: 25.3 ft.
- Also called
- Buttermilk Ave
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.11978, -92.04369 (decimal degrees)
40°07'11" N, 92°02'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/581488/4441489 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Edina SE
- Land survey
- T. 61 N., R. 10 W., Sec. 5
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numers
- MONBI 21170 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 74716 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 73.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 4, 2017: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: New photos & update info.
- December 10, 2016: Added by James Baughn
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com