Hamilton? Bridge Pony
Knox County CR289; Eastern approach, nearly head on view.
Photo taken by K. Allen Ballard in Nov 2000
BH Photo #282865
Replaced by a concrete box culvert if I recall correctly?
- Lost pony truss bridge over a branch of South Fabius River on CR 289
- Knox County, Missouri
- No longer exists. Replaced by a concrete box culvert?
- Built 1910 by the Illinois Steel Bridge Co.; replaced 2003
- - Illinois Steel Bridge Co. of Jacksonville, Illinois (Fabrication)
- Walters Brothers (Contractor)
- Pin-connected, 5-panel Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 75.1 ft.
Total length: 76.1 ft.
Deck width: 11.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.05167, -92.06000 (decimal degrees)
40°03'06" N, 92°03'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/580178/4433915 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Edina SE
- Land survey
- T. 61 N., R. 11 W., Sec. 25
- Inventory numbers
- MO 052-289002.0 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
MONBI 21107 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 21785 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 27, 2014: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Added photo; and photo caption detail.