Murray Ford Bridge
New bridge built on realignment to the east. Possible remnants of the old alignment on the north bank.
- Lost wrought iron through truss bridge over South Fork Blackwater River
- Johnson County, Missouri
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1891; replaced 1994
- - John Bridgewater (Contractor)
- Wrought iron, pin-connected, 5-panel Pratt through truss
Span length: 80.1 ft.
Total length: 80.1 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.78387, -93.91572 (decimal degrees)
38°47'02" N, 93°54'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/420464/4293191 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 46 N., R. 27 W., Sec. 17
- 720 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- MO 051-264000.6 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
BH 42673 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 02/1991)
- Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 0.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1991)
- December 22, 2015: Updated by Clark Vance: Location from topo showing old alignment
- June 4, 2009: Added by James Baughn