Lost SW 1101st Road Overpass
Old remains of bridge over the RI
Photo taken by Kelly McClanahan in April 2016
BH Photo #351691
Bridge was a typical timber stringer used by the Rock Island, as was removed in the mid-1980's. Down the track to the east used to be called Denton, and had a depot. I asked a local if it had a name, but he said not that he knew of. When I asked if it could have been called the Denton Bridge, he said it might be possible.
- Lost Bridge over RI RoW on SW 1101st Rd
- Johnson County, Missouri
- No longer exists
- Timber stringer
- Also called
- Perhaps Denton Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.61869, -93.95043 (decimal degrees)
38°37'07" N, 93°57'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/417260/4274891 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 44 N., R. 27 W., Sec. 7
- Inventory number
- BH 71852 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 15, 2016: New photos from Kelly McClanahan
- April 26, 2016: Updated by Kelly McClanahan: Corrected location.
- April 17, 2016: Updated by Kelly McClanahan: Added category "Rock Island Rail Trail"