RI - East Lost Creek Bridge
East Lost Creek and former KATY Bridge
South side of bridge
Photo taken by Kelly McClanahan in April 2016
BH Photo #351604
This DPG crosses a creek and a Katy line shown in the 1954 topo quad.
- Deck plate girder bridge over East Lost Creek and old Katy RoW on Rock Island Trail
- Johnson County, Missouri
- Open to trail traffic.
- Future prospects
- Bridge converted for rail trail use.
- Built 1904
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad (MKT)
- 2 50' DPG,
1 70' TPG
Length of largest span: 70.0 ft.
Total length: 170.0 ft.
- Also called
- RI/MKT Overpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.67878, -94.08166 (decimal degrees)
38°40'44" N, 94°04'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/405914/4281686 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- Inventory numbers
- CRI&P 2496
BH 57324 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 18, 2016: Updated by Kelly McClanahan: Updated info
- October 15, 2016: New photos from Kelly McClanahan
- June 20, 2016: New photos from Clark Vance
- April 15, 2016: New photos from Kelly McClanahan
- April 13, 2016: Updated by Luke: Added info
- January 7, 2014: Updated by Clark Vance: Also crosses old Katy line
- July 23, 2013: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Kelly McClanahan