SWM - Center Creek Bridge
Interurbans sometimes built amusement parks accessible to their riders. A park was built at this location where a wide place in the river allowed fishing, canoeing, swimming, and other recreation. At one time there was a pedestrian suspension bridge to allow access to both banks, a bath house, a roller coaster, and canoe rentals.
The rail and bridge are not shown on the 1894 Carthage quad.
- Abandoned curved closed-spandrel arch bridge over Center Creek on Southwest Missouri Electric Railway
- Jasper County, Missouri
- Built 1913;
- - Interurban
- Southwest Missouri Electric Railway (SWM)
- Closed-spandrel arch
- Also called
- SWM - Lakeside Crossing
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.16486, -94.41462 (decimal degrees)
37°09'54" N, 94°24'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/374401/4114098 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Webb City
- Land survey
- Inventory number
- BH 49109 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 10, 2019: Updated by Clark Vance: Description addition
- July 8, 2016: New photos from bill wade
- May 30, 2016: New photo from Luke
- May 4, 2014: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Southwest Missouri Electric Railway"
- October 20, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added categories "Other Interurban", "railroad"
- July 15, 2011: Added by Clark Vance