Oak Street Viaduct
The Missouri Historic Bridge Inventory lists this as the "Hawthorne Drive Viaduct" but that appears to be a mistake.
Note: The following information comes from the National Bridge Inventory and has not been verified.
- Through plate girder bridge over Ruby Jack Trail (former Frisco Railroad) on W. Oak Street (Old MO 96) in Carthage
- Carthage, Jasper County, Missouri
- Open to traffic
- Built 1936
- - Neyer Construction Co. (Contractor)
- Pony/through plate girder
Length of largest span: 100.1 ft.
Total length: 379.9 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Hawthorne Drive Viaduct
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.17656, -94.34457 (decimal degrees)
37°10'36" N, 94°20'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/380639/4115304 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 28 N., R. 31 W., Sec. 5
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- MONBI 14636 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
MO 049-072000.1 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
BH 42832 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 25.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 21, 2009: Added by James Baughn