Gregory Boulevard Bridge
From the NE corner
Photo taken by Clark Vance in December 2011
BH Photo #222354
The railroads under this bridge were shown as the MoPac and the Frisco in 1934. The Frisco line has been abandoned and the Union Pacific now owns the MoPac.
- Open spandrel multi-span concrete deck arch bridge over Big Blue River on Gregory Blvd.
- Jackson County, Missouri
- Open to traffic
- Built 1917; rehabilitated 1984
- - C. E. Allen (Resident Engineer)
- Horton Concrete Construction Co. (Contractor)
- Wadell & Son (Consulting Engineers)
- Multiple (5+) spans based on photo in library collection
Length of largest span: 140.0 ft.
Total length: 700.0 ft.
Deck width: 43.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.99709, -94.52905 (decimal degrees)
38°59'50" N, 94°31'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/367588/4317565 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 48 N., R. 33 W., Sec. 11
- Inventory numbers
- MoDOT S-121B21 (Missouri Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
MONBI 25478 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 21696 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/2016)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 32.5 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- March 21, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Adjusted category names
- December 23, 2011: Updated by Clark Vance: Added engineer and builder info from plaques
- November 14, 2011: Updated by Clark Vance: Elaborated on arch type
- January 19, 2011: New Street View added by Sheldon Wiens
- Sheldon Wiens
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com