Cave Road Bridge
From the south
Photo taken by Clark Vance in April 2011
BH Photo #197061
NBI shows 1930 build date. Cave Road may have been named for the family of Miss Nancy E Cave who married a mill owner in this vicinity in 1851.
- Concrete arch bridge over a branch of Sni-A-Bar Creek on Cave Road
- Jackson County, Missouri
- Open to traffic
- Built 1911 by the Illinois Steel Bridge Co.
- - Illinois Steel Bridge Co. of Jacksonville, Illinois
- Closed-spandrel arch
Length of largest span: 45.9 ft.
Total length: 69.9 ft.
Deck width: 40.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.90973, -94.15765 (decimal degrees)
38°54'35" N, 94°09'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/399628/4307396 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Tarsney Lakes
- Land survey
- T. 47 N., R. 29 W., Sec. 6
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- MO 048-302000.6 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
MONBI 21347 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 38130 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of January 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Sufficiency rating: 77.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 10, 2011: Updated by Clark Vance: Slight location adjustment, added photos
- November 16, 2008: Added by James Baughn