Abandoned UP - West Fire Prairie Creek Bridge
Abandoned W. Fire Prairie Creek Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in November 2019
BH Photo #460464
Built using a secondhand turntable. Once served as a spur to a power plant a few miles west.
- Abandoned deck plate girder bridge over West Fire Prairie Creek on Union Pacific Railroad
- Independence, Jackson County, Missouri
- Purchased by Jackson County 2014 for future development
- - Missouri Pacific Railroad (MP; MoPac)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 65.0 ft.
Total length: 210.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.11430, -94.29268 (decimal degrees)
39°06'51" N, 94°17'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/388243/4330256 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 87185 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 14, 2019: New photos from John Marvig
- November 11, 2019: Added by John Marvig