E 126th Terr "Mystery" Bridge
126th Terr Ghost Bridge
Google Earth screen grab.
BH Photo #395796
A ghost bridge of sorts. Built between 1957-64 (quad map). However no road has ever crossed it. Currently used by Ridge trail off (of 127th and) Charlotte St. At one time, 127th did extend to just short of the of the bridge, until the late 1990's.
- Abandoned bridge over UP Railroad
- Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri
- Closed and posted
- Built ca 1954
- Steel stringers with concrete deck
Total length: 120.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 25.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.89744, -94.58259 (decimal degrees)
38°53'51" N, 94°34'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/362759/4306585 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 47 N., R. 33 W., Sec. 17
- 880 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 77825 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 30, 2019: New photos from Clark Vance
- September 30, 2017: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler
- July 4, 2017: Added by Kelly McClanahan
- Kelly McClanahan
- Nick Schmiedeler - nick [at] nickschmiedeler [dot] com
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com