E 126th Terr "Mystery" Bridge
126th Terr Ghost Bridge
Google Earth screen grab.
BH Photo #395796
A ghost bridge of sorts. Built between 1957-64 (quad map). However no road has ever crossed it. Currently used by Ridge trail off (of 127th and) Charlotte St. At one time, 127th did extend to just short of the of the bridge, until the late 1990's.
- Bridge over UP Railroad on Ghost bridge / trail
- Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1960s
- Steel stringers with concrete deck
Total length: 120.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 25.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.89744, -94.58259 (decimal degrees)
38°53'51" N, 94°34'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/362759/4306585 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 47 N., R. 33 W., Sec. 17
- Inventory number
- BH 77825 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 30, 2017: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler
- July 4, 2017: Added by Kelly McClanahan