RI - East branch of Round Grove Creek Bridge
This is well hidden, as a matter of fact the only reason I know about it was I went to school near here, and we would walk down to it. It is a drainage tunnel, with a sidewalk on one side. It has been a long time (1987) since I have been down there.
- Tunnel under east branch of Round Grove Creek on old Rock Island Railroad
- Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built 1903
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (RI; CRIP; ROCK)
- Tunnel under railroad, more than a drainage culvert.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.03108, -94.46595 (decimal degrees)
39°01'52" N, 94°27'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/373113/4321247 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 72049 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 30, 2016: Added by Kelly McClanahan