US 71 Southbound Bridge
Carried the southbound lanes, built after the northbound bridge. US 71 was three lanes (alternating center passing lane) from here south until the 1960s when it went a full four lanes on a new alignment. This bridge and it's northbound partner carried US 71 until it was realigned to the east. Removed ca 1992 and replaced with a wider bridge carrying all lanes of Old 71 now named Hickman Mills Drive.
- Lost Through truss bridge over Blue River on US 71
- Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built when 71 was widened and a lane added.
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 129.9 ft.
Total length: 400.0 ft.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
- Skew angle
- 15 degrees
- Also called
- US 71 Blue River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.97201, -94.54796 (decimal degrees)
38°58'19" N, 94°32'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/365903/4314810 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 48 N., R. 33 W., Sec. 22
- 750 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- MoDOT J-926R (Missouri Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
BH 69232 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 17, 2015: Updated by Clark Vance: Refined type from photo
- September 16, 2015: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com