56th Street Bridge
Looking from 58th street
Enlarge to see the new truss.
Photo taken by Clark Vance in September 2012
BH Photo #241428
Removed and replaced with what appears to be a steel prefab through truss for pedestrian and bicycle traffic.
- Lost steel stringer bridge over Kansas City Southern Railway on E. 56th St.
- Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built when KCS moved to an eastern alignment
- - Kansas City Southern Railway (KCS)
- Steel stringer
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.02434, -94.51734 (decimal degrees)
39°01'28" N, 94°31'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/368652/4320572 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Kansas City
- Inventory number
- BH 53904 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 6, 2014: Updated by Clark Vance: Added categories "Wooden deck", "Wooden railroad overpass", "railroad"
- October 21, 2012: New photo from Clark Vance
- October 14, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Kansas City Southern Railway"
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com