E. 56th Street bridge
Photo taken by Clark Vance in December 2011
BH Photo #228546
The MoPac changed to this more southern alignment in 1946. This bridge allowed the road to pass over the new cut.
- Concrete stringer bridge over Union Pacific RR (former MoPac) on E. 56th Street
- Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri
- Open to traffic
- Built 1946 when railroad changed alignment
- - Missouri Pacific Railroad (MP; MoPac)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
Length of largest span: 34.1 ft.
Total length: 87.9 ft.
Deck width: 22.3 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.01914, -94.41393 (decimal degrees)
39°01'09" N, 94°24'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/377595/4319851 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 49 N., R. 32 W., Sec. 35
- 890 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- MONBI 25460 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 51868 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/2016)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 83.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- September 14, 2013: New Street View added by Dave King
- August 27, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Reclassified as slab
- August 10, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added NBI and minor changes
- March 24, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added categories "Union Pacific Railroad", "Missouri Pacific Railroad"
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com