E. 59th Street bridge
Photo taken by Clark Vance in December 2011
MoPac changed the alignment of their line in 1946. This bridge was built to carry the road over the new cut.
- Concrete stringer bridge over Union Pacific RR (former MP) on E. 59th Street
- Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri
- Open to traffic
- Built 1946 when the rail was placed on a new alignment
- - Missouri Pacific Railroad (MP; MoPac)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
Length of largest span: 24.0 ft.
Total length: 64.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.01366, -94.41268 (decimal degrees)
39°00'49" N, 94°24'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/377694/4319242 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 49 N., R. 32 W., Sec. 35
- 830 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- MONBI 25461 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 51866 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/2016)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 93.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- August 27, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Reclassified as slab
- August 10, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added NBI and minor corrections
- March 24, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added categories "Missouri Pacific Railroad", "Union Pacific Railroad"
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com