E. 59th Street bridge
Photo taken by Clark Vance in December 2011
BH Photo #228540
MoPac changed the alignment of their line in 1946. This bridge was built to carry the road over the new cut.
- Concrete stringer bridge over Union Pacific RR (former MP) on E. 59th Street
- Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri
- Open to traffic
- Built 1946 when the rail was placed on a new alignment
- - Missouri Pacific Railroad (MP; MoPac)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
Length of largest span: 24.0 ft.
Total length: 64.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.01366, -94.41268 (decimal degrees)
39°00'49" N, 94°24'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/377694/4319242 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 49 N., R. 32 W., Sec. 35
- 830 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- MONBI 25461 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 51866 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 93 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 27, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Reclassified as slab
- August 10, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added NBI and minor corrections
- March 24, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added categories "Missouri Pacific Railroad", "Union Pacific Railroad"
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com