Little Blue Road Bridge
From the book: Results of County Planning. No publisher or copyright information.
The "OW" visible may have been the word "SLOW" to warn of the sharp turn.
Photo added by Clark Vance in June 2020
BH Photo #474863
The south abutment is visible from Noland Road on the west when the leaves are off. The street view shows the old road curving to follow the bluff for about 75 feet then it turns right to cross the valley. The north abutment is smaller and almost impossible to locate if there is foliage present. It may be possible to photograph the north side during winter.
- Lost Bridge over Unnamed tributary of Little Blue River on Little Blue Road
- Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri
- Shown on 1919 map, shown as bypassed on 1933 county highway map.
- Pony truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.99890, -94.41657 (decimal degrees)
38°59'56" N, 94°24'60" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/377332/4317609 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Lees Summit
- Land survey
- T. 48 N., R. 32 W., Sec. 11
- 790 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 51865 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 29, 2020: New photo from Clark Vance
- March 24, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Mystery"
- Little Blue Bridge (Successor) - Replacement removed the sharp turn using a slightly different alignment.
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com