RI - Manchester Trafficway Overpass
Photo taken by Clark Vance in December 2011
BH Photo #222508
The 1935 topo shows a dirt road passing under the RI here. Most likely the first bridge resembled the Coal Mine Road bridge a couple of miles south.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Manchester Trafficway on Abandoned Rock Island RR
- Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built between 1935 and 1957, which is when Manchester Trafficway was created.
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (RI; CRIP; ROCK)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 55.0 ft.
Total length: 353.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.05841, -94.50177 (decimal degrees)
39°03'30" N, 94°30'06" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/370062/4324331 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Kansas City
- Land survey
- Inventory number
- BH 50720 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 21, 2018: New Street View added by Clark Vance
- March 7, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- June 20, 2016: New Street View added by Clark Vance
- October 15, 2013: New Street View added by Joe Leets
- August 1, 2012: Updated by Max Johnson: Updated "status"
- December 27, 2011: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com