Blue Parkway Bridge
Remnant of the railing on the NW corner
Photo taken by Clark Vance in December 2011
The original blue River Crossing for US 50. Bypassed in 1936 with longer, higher viaduct, probably to avoid flooding.
- Lost Girder bridge over Big Blue River on Blue Parkway
- Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri
- Built 1928
Length of largest span: 54.1 ft.
Total length: 162.1 ft.
Deck width: 35.1 ft.
- Also called
- US 50 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.03470, -94.52662 (decimal degrees)
39°02'05" N, 94°31'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/367868/4321736 (zone/easting/northing)
- Land survey
- T. 49 N., R. 33 W., Sec. 26
- USGS topographic map
- Kansas City, MO
- Inventory numbers
- MONBI 25448 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 50699 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/2006)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 39.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- December 25, 2011: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com