KCS - Blue Ridge Boulevard Overpass
Photo taken by Clark Vance in June 2011
BH Photo #202891
Probably the southernmost bridge in the string of bridges built when KCS built their new alignment following Blue Ridge. The old alignment running down to the Blue River almost due north was kept in operation by the Frisco until the '80s.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Blue Ridge Boulevard on Kansas City Southern Railway
- Grandview, Jackson County, Missouri
- Open to traffic
- Built 1929
- - Kansas City Southern Railway (KCS)
- Deck plate girder
Span length: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 40.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.89860, -94.53841 (decimal degrees)
38°53'55" N, 94°32'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/366593/4306649 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 47 N., R. 33 W., Sec. 14
- Inventory number
- BH 48999 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 9, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- April 13, 2014: Updated by Kelly McClanahan: Added category "Doomed"
- August 20, 2013: New Street View added by Kelly McClanahan
- August 10, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Railroad"
- December 26, 2011: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Kansas City Southern Railway"
- June 28, 2011: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Kelly McClanahan
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com