Oldham Road Bridge
I drove past this bridge many times in the last 45 years, so I was very surprised when I couldn't see it when I drove by looking for it in 2009. It was completely overgrown. Sometime in 2010 they removed the brush and the bridge became visible again.
Photo taken by Clark Vance in November 2011
Oldham Road leads out of the SE corner of Swope park. The road was probably originally paved in the '20s as a part of the Jackson County road program. Much of the work in Swope Park is natural stone, so this bridge probably got the stone railings and facade to match the rest of the park.
- Small arch bridge over a Branch of Blue River on Oldham Road in Kansas City
- Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri
- Open to traffic
- Built ca. 1920
- Stone covered concrete arch
Span length: 20.0 ft.
Total length: 20.0 ft.
Deck width: 19.3 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.98369, -94.50852 (decimal degrees)
38°59'01" N, 94°30'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/369341/4316048 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 48 N., R. 33 W., Sec. 13
- Inventory numbers
- MoDOT S-131B11 (Missouri Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
MONBI 25484 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 21705 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 05/2014)
- Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 69.2 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- December 4, 2011: Updated by Clark Vance: Photos and historical context
- November 30, 2011: New Street View added by Clark Vance
- November 28, 2011: Updated by David Backlin: Added stream name
- David Backlin - us71 [at] cox [dot] net
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com