Beardsley Road Viaduct
The lowest of the three bridges visible. The relatively recent I-670 runs above Beardsley Road. The Beardsley Road bridge spans a section of the west bluff. Water running down the bluff runs under it. With the addition of I-670 it's possible the bridge could have been replaced with fill and culverts.
Photo taken by Clark Vance in March 2011
BH Photo #195458
Nothing historic here, folks. As of Feb 2011 the road is open with Jersey railings running the length of the road and no indication from above that there is a bridge.
- Concrete deck girder bridge on Beardsley Road
- Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri
- Replaced 2010
- Built 1917
- Concrete deck girder
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 640.1 ft.
Deck width: 40.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.09648, -94.59680 (decimal degrees)
39°05'47" N, 94°35'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/361914/4328696 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Kansas City
- Land survey
- T. 49 N., R. 33 W., Sec. 6
- 850 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- Inventory numbers
- MONBI 25401 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 42786 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2008)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 36.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 18, 2011: Updated by Clark Vance: Added photos and street view.
- February 3, 2011: Updated by Clark Vance: Updated status to "open".
- December 27, 2010: Updated by Clark Vance: Moved Google Maps marker
- June 14, 2009: Added by James Baughn