Remains of the Old Boonville Bridge (Santa Fe Trail Historical Site Exhibit)
Overview (Santa Fe Trail Historical Monument)
One can see the portion of the Old Boonville Bridge in the back of the picture as part of the monument exhibit. The exhibit contains the plaque to the bridge as well.
Photo taken by James McCray
BH Photo #242448
This section of the Old Boonville Bridge (http://bridgehunter.com/mo/cooper/boonville/) was the walkway/sidewalk portion of the bridge.
- Pennsylvania through truss bridge on a pedestrian walkway
- Howard County, Missouri
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1923 as part of walkway for the Old Boonville Bridge. O.B.B. replaced in 1995 but walkway section and plaque saved and made into present historical marker in 1999.
- Pennsylvania through truss is the design of the Boonville Bridge proper. The section represented now is a lattice truss design which made up the walkway portion of the bridge.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.98709, -92.75639 (decimal degrees)
38°59'14" N, 92°45'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/521098/4315372 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 54355 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 8, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Removed link to old bridge from buider's section and added liknk to original bridge page in the related section
- November 8, 2012: Added by James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com