Stanberry Bridge #1
Photo taken by unknown
BH Photo #396974
This is from a real photo postcard dated June 27, 1908, postmarked at Stanberry, MO. I suspect this is Wildcat Creek based on analysis of the creek / bend in the image and modern Google Earth images. Likely was present day N High Street or near present day Hwy 136 stream crossing. Still this is just a guess. What a great picture of a bridge built well before 1900; and with the ladies on the bridge this is likely a one of a kind personal post card. This image is from my personal collection.
- Lost Bridge likely over WildCat; or possibly Island Creek; likely on N High Street
- Stanberry, Gentry County, Missouri
- No longer exists
- Wooden truss & approach
- Also called
- Possibly N High Street.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.20920, -94.54494 (decimal degrees)
40°12'33" N, 94°32'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/368525/4452121 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 77906 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 17, 2017: Added by K. Allen Ballard; upload photos.
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com