Holcomb Bridge, June 12, 1946
View downstream of the St. Francis River bridge on Missouri Route 34 (aka. the Holcomb - Piggott Ark. road - Now Route B) west of Holcomb Missouri.
USACE Memphis District Photo 49971 W. C. Durby June 12, 1946
BH Photo #330716
Bridge appears to be pin connected with very light truss members and what appear to be wood railings and a wooden deck - suggesting that his was an early 20th century sturcture. The bridge also appears to have been skewed.
It was located at St. Francis River Mile 222.8.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over St Francis River on Missouri State Route 34 (old)
- Dunklin County, Missouri, and Clay County, Arkansas
- Replaced by a new bridge - BH 45288 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- One Lane 8 panel Pratt through truss - most likely with a wooden deck
Length of largest span: 123.2 ft.
- Also called
- Piggott Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.39680, -90.07823 (decimal degrees)
36°23'48" N, 90°04'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/762040/4031927 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T 20 N R 9 E Sec 3 and Sec 10
- 304 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 68222 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 29, 2015: Added by Rusty Weisman