Dry Fork Bridge
Photo taken by Larry Dooley in January 2012
The bridge was closed around 1985 when the post office refused to cross it. The roads leading to the bridge are blocked and abandoned.
- Abandoned pony truss bridge over Dry Fork on CR 315 (DC 3150)
- Dent County, Missouri
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built 1915, Closed circa 1985
- Pin-connected, 6-panel half-hip Pratt pony truss
Span length: 98.0 ft.
Total length: 98.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.73951, -91.61467 (decimal degrees)
37°44'22" N, 91°36'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/622060/4177817 (zone/easting/northing)
- Land survey
- T. 35 N., R. 6 W., Sec. 20
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- MO 033-034001.4 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
BH 21461 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 05/1990)
- Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 22.5 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1988)