Cord Avenue Bridge
Photo taken by Neil Krout in August 2020
BH Photo #477744
Google Maps shows that the bridge has been bypassed by a new alignment, but may have been left in place
- Through truss bridge over Big Creek on Cord Avenue (CR 349)
- Daviess County, Missouri
- Bypassed by a new bridge in 2010; converted to a picnic area.
- Built ca. 1910, probably by the Dildine Bridge Co.
- Pin-connected, 6-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 102.0 ft.
Total length: 142.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.10141, -94.12744 (decimal degrees)
40°06'05" N, 94°07'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/403903/4439622 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 61 N., R. 29 W., Sec. 11
- Inventory numbers
- MO 031-349003.1 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
MONBI 22305 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 21386 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 2, 2020: New photos from Neil Krout
- August 15, 2011: Updated by Jason Smith: Bridge still exists but as a picnic area. New bridge built adjacent to the truss bridge