Moniteau Creek Road Bridge
More recently, this bridge/road provided one of several access points to Marion Bottoms.
- Through truss bridge over Moniteau Creek on Moniteau Creek Road (Old MO 179)
- Cole County, Missouri
- Future prospects
- Built 1915-16 by the Kansas City Bridge Co.; made obsolete by a new bridge on MO 179 in 1967
- - Kansas City Bridge Co. of Kansas City, Missouri
- Pin-connected, 7-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 140.1 ft.
Total length: 221.1 ft.
Deck width: 14.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.72136, -92.39692 (decimal degrees)
38°43'17" N, 92°23'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/552426/4286028 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Centertown NW
- Land survey
- T. 46 N., R. 14 W., Sec. 24
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- MONBI 12151 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
MO 026-001000.2 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
BH 21327 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 18.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 28, 2017: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Changed status to intact but closed; future unknown.
- August 27, 2016: New photos from Todd W. Baslee
- August 6, 2016: Updated by Tony Dillon: Updated status to closed as per forum post.
- September 26, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars