QO&KC Waddell "A" Truss Bridge
This is the original location of the Waddell "A" Truss relocated to Parkville in 1987. Originally built for the Omaha, Quincy & Kansas City Railroad. The railroad ceased operating the line in 1939 and the county converted the bridge to road use in 1953 to carry county Route D.
- Waddell "A" through truss bridge over Linn Branch on QO&KC RR, Later county Route D
- Clinton County, Missouri
- Site innundated, bridge relocated to Parkville, MO.
- Future prospects
- Relocated and preserved.
- Built 1898 for the QO&KC, converted to highway use in 1953, dismantled 1981, relocated 1987.
- - A & P Roberts Co. of Pencoyd, Pennsylvania
- J.A.L. Waddell of Port Hope, Canada
- Pencoyd Iron Works of Pencoyd, Pennsylvania
- - Quincy, Omaha & Kansas City Railroad (QO&KC)
- Waddell "A" through truss
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on January 25, 1991
- Also called
- Linn Branch Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.47880, -94.53271 (decimal degrees)
39°28'44" N, 94°31'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/368176/4371032 (zone/easting/northing)
- Land survey
- T. 54 N., R. 32 W., Sec. 19
- 820 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 90002173 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 82518 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 12, 2018: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- HAER documents
- HAER MO-8 - Waddell "A" Truss Bridge, English Landing Park, Parkville, Platte County, MO