Rating:
2 votes

QO&KC Waddell "A" Truss Bridge

Photos 

Bridge Dateplate

Photo taken for the Historic American Engineering Record

View photos at Library of Congress

BH Photo #433007

Map 

Description 

This is the original location of the Waddell "A" Truss relocated to Parkville in 1987. Originally built for the Omaha, Quincy & Kansas City Railroad. The railroad ceased operating the line in 1939 and the county converted the bridge to road use in 1953 to carry county Route D.

Facts 

Overview
Waddell "A" through truss bridge over Linn Branch on QO&KC RR, Later county Route D
Location
Clinton County, Missouri
Status
Site innundated, bridge relocated to Parkville, MO.
Future prospects
Relocated and preserved.
History
Built 1898 for the QO&KC, converted to highway use in 1953, dismantled 1981, relocated 1987.
Builders
- A & P Roberts Co. of Pencoyd, Pennsylvania
- J.A.L. Waddell of Port Hope, Canada
- Pencoyd Iron Works of Pencoyd, Pennsylvania
Railroad
- Quincy, Omaha & Kansas City Railroad (QO&KC)
Design
Waddell "A" through truss
Recognition
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on January 25, 1991
Also called
Linn Branch Bridge
Approximate latitude, longitude
+39.47880, -94.53271   (decimal degrees)
39°28'44" N, 94°31'58" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
15/368176/4371032 (zone/easting/northing)
Land survey
T. 54 N., R. 32 W., Sec. 19
Elevation
820 ft. above sea level
Inventory numbers
NRHP 90002173 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 82518 (Bridgehunter.com ID)

Update Log 

  • August 12, 2018: Added by Clark Vance

Related Bridges 

Sources 

  • Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
  • HAER documents
  • HAER MO-8 - Waddell "A" Truss Bridge, English Landing Park, Parkville, Platte County, MO