Approaching on the trail
Photo taken by Clark Vance in February 2013
Built on the McGowan homestead by the The Kansas City, Clay County, and St. Joseph Interurban Railway which started construction in 1911 and opened in 1913. Robert P. Woods of Indianapolis, consulting engineer. Operation ceased in March 1933. 1940 topo shows only the grade, no rails.
- Closed-spandrel arch bridge over Rush Creek on abandoned interurban RR
- Clay County, Missouri
- Part of the Martha Lafite Thompson Nature Sanctuary
- Built ca. 1912
- Closed-spandrel arch
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.25102, -94.39195 (decimal degrees)
39°15'04" N, 94°23'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/379893/4345556 (zone/easting/northing)
- Land survey
- T. 51 N., R. 31 W., Sec. 9
- 790 ft. above sea level
- USGS topographic map
- Kearney, MO
- Inventory number
- BH 52765 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 3, 2013: Updated by Clark Vance: New photos
- October 26, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Interurban"
- October 20, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added categories "Other Interurban", "railroad"
- June 28, 2012: Added by Clark Vance