NS - MO-5 Overpass
Wabash Railroad Bridge #465
Panoramic view; looking north from MO Hwy. 5
Photo taken by James Holzmeier in December 2014
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA)
BH Photo #309722
38.3' TPG span accompanies a 14' concrete slab at this location; both on concrete abutments.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over MO-5 on Norfolk Southern Railway
- Chariton County, Missouri
- Open to rail traffic
- Built 1912, Girder added 1929
- - Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Wabash Railroad (WAB)
- Deck plate girder w/concrete piers; includes a pedestrian/wagon underpass topped by a concrete slab span.
Length of largest span: 38.3 ft.
Total length: 54.9 ft.
Deck width: 26.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.40946, -92.84873 (decimal degrees)
39°24'34" N, 92°50'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/513022/4362227 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 53 N., R. 17 W., Sec. 8
- Inventory numbers
- RB02101 1
BH 64347 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 16, 2016: New photos from John Marvig
- December 13, 2014: Updated by James Holzmeier: Updated bridge dimensions and build date (per Wabash documents); added images
- December 1, 2014: New Street View added by James Holzmeier