Pecan Avenue (CR 406) Palmer Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Clark Vance in July 2015
BH Photo #333770
Although there are signs advising that the road is private the most recent county road map shows the road and bridge still in the county system. Chariton Highway Department 660-288-3846 could not be reached for confirmation.
The road on the east side is overgrown and too muddy to attempt in a car. From the west the road gets overgrown with grass but is drivable--assuming it's still public property.
- Pony truss bridge over Palmer Creek on CR 406
- Chariton County, Missouri
- Closed to all traffic and posted as private road
- Built ca. 1920
- Riveted queenpost pony truss
Length of largest span: 49.8 ft.
Total length: 86.9 ft.
Deck width: 11.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.41047, -93.05225 (decimal degrees)
39°24'38" N, 93°03'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/495502/4362330 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Brunswick East
- Land survey
- T. 53 N., R. 19 W., Sec. 9
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- MO 021-346000.5 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
MONBI 22219 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 21237 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2014)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 17 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 1, 2015: New photos from Clark Vance
- July 27, 2014: Updated by James Baughn: Bridge is still standing, but road is now marked private and posted against trespassing
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com