RI - Big Creek Bridge #3
Dwarfed by the MO 7 bridge
Photo taken by Clark Vance in December 2013
BH Photo #271501
This bridge runs beneath the highway bridge for MO 7 which crosses this railroad and Big Creek.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Big Creek on MO Rock Island Rail Trail (Former CRI&P MO subdivision)
- Cass County, Missouri
- Open to Trail Traffic
- Future prospects
- Converted into trail use.
- Built 1903, rebuilt in 2016 and converted to trail use.
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (RI; CRIP; ROCK)
- A 60' Deck Plate Girder with a 50' DPG on each end
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 120.0 ft.
- Also called
- RI - Big Creek Bridge (Middle)
CRI&P - Big Creek Bridge (Middle)
MORIT - Big Creek Bidge (Middle)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.77067, -94.27106 (decimal degrees)
38°46'14" N, 94°16'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/389580/4292095 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Pleasant Hill
- Land survey
- T. 46 N., R. 30 W., Sec. 29
- 850 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- Rock Island Bridge 2635
BH 58913 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 28, 2016: Updated by Kelly McClanahan: Added categories "MO Rock Island Rail Trail", "Rail-to-trail"
- November 27, 2016: Updated by Kelly McClanahan: Updated info
- December 2, 2013: New photos from Clark Vance
- December 1, 2013: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Kelly McClanahan