Balltown Bridge near Cole Camp. EDIT: Further info found in Kenneth Bird's book "The Cole Camp Area":
The c. 1880 Balltown Bridge carried the Butterfield Trail over Cole Camp Creek, six miles south of Cole Camp. When a new bridge was built in 1993, the old bridge was donated to the Cole Camp Historical Society by Benton County, and the bridge was moved in October of 1993 to the Ezekiel Williams Memorial Park in Cole Camp. Pictured on the bridge in 1915 are, from left to right, George Weymuth, Henry Fitschen, Bish Eickhoff, Theodore Fitschen, Walter McKinney (with gun), Ben Eickhoff, and Leo Eickhoff (with bow tie). Photo Courtesy of Benton County, Mo.
View this photo at facebook.com
BH Photo #352508
Through Truss Bridge in Cole Camp, Mo; which used to cross Cole Camp Creek, now relocated to Cole Camp City Park.
- Through truss bridge over Cole Camp Creek
- Cole Camp, Benton County, Missouri
- Relocated and preserved
- Built ca. 1880, and removed in 1993. Moved to Ezekiel Williams Memorial Park, in Cole Camp, Mo
- - Kansas City Bridge Co. of Kansas City, Missouri (Probable Builder)
- Pratt through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.38778, -93.26342 (decimal degrees)
38°23'16" N, 93°15'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/476994/4248874 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 42 N., R. 21 W., Sec. 29
- Inventory number
- BH 71983 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 9, 2018: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added categories "Pin-connected", "Preserved"
- April 26, 2016: Added by Neil Krout
- Neil Krout - kickinpony [dot] 66 [at] gmail [dot] com