StJ&S - Dillon Creek Trestle
A report at:
describes a proposed 500 foot steel trestle over Dillon Creek on this interurban. They probably opted for the cheaper wood.
In topo maps of the 1920s the line appears to follow the highway (US 71) closely. By the 1960 edition the highway was expanded to four lanes and the valley filled. Most likely the location of the trestle is completely buried.
- Lost wooden trestle on St. Joseph and Savannah Interurban Railway near Savannah
- Andrew County, Missouri
- No longer exists
- Built ca. 1911
- - Interurban
- St. Joseph & Savannah Interurban Railway (StJ&S)
- Timber stringer
Total length: 500.0 ft.
- Also called
- Savannah Interurban Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.92139, -94.81525 (decimal degrees)
39°55'17" N, 94°48'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/344868/4420609 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 20724 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 19, 2013: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Timber Trestle"
- April 17, 2006: Posted new photos
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com