Winona North Channel Bridge
1997 rehabilitation appears to have been a complete reconstruction.
This bridge actually crosses the state line. The pair of big bridges over the Main Channel are both entirely in Minnesota.
- Concrete stringer bridge over North Channel Mississippi River on MN 43/WI 54
- Winona, Winona County, Minnesota, and Buffalo County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- Built 1943; reconstructed 1997
- Prestressed Concrete stringer
Length of largest span: 100.4 ft.
Total length: 1,008.3 ft.
Deck width: 47.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.06278, -91.63706 (decimal degrees)
44°03'46" N, 91°38'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/609157/4879749 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Winona West
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numers
- MN 5930 (Minnesota bridge number)
BH 78810 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2016)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 78 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 10, 2017: Photo imported by Roger Deschner
- October 30, 2017: New Street View added by Roger Deschner
- October 17, 2017: Added by Roger Deschner
- HAER MN 91-44 - HAER photos, look past photos of Main Channel Bridge to find photos of this bridge
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com