Winona Bridge (new)
Main span, nearing completion
The two ends of the main span are about to meet in the middle in January 2016. The old bridge can be seen behind it, and the remains of the CNW - Winona Swing Bridge can be seen underneath it.
Photo taken by Roger Deschner in January 2016
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #348690
This new bridge is temporarily carrying all traffic while the old bridge is rehabilitated. Eventually, this new bridge will carry westbound traffic, while the historic truss bridge carries eastbound traffic.
- Concrete deck box girder bridge over Mississippi River on westbound MN 43/WI 54
- Winona, Winona County, Minnesota, and Buffalo County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- Opened August 27, 2016
- - Ames Construction Inc.
- Modern concrete box girder
Length of largest span: 450.0 ft.
Total length: 2,300.0 ft. (0.4 mi.)
Deck width: 46.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.05786, -91.64060 (decimal degrees)
44°03'28" N, 91°38'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/608882/4879197 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory numbers
- MN 85851 (Minnesota bridge number)
BH 70818 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 30, 2017: Updated by Roger Deschner: Completed, open to traffic
- February 8, 2016: Added by Roger Deschner
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com