Winona Bridge (new)
Main span, nearing completion
The two ends of the main span are about to meet in the middle in January 2016. The old bridge can be seen behind it, and the remains of the CNW - Winona Swing Bridge can be seen underneath it.
Photo taken by Roger Deschner in January 2016
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #348690
This new bridge is carrying only westbound traffic, while the historic truss bridge next to it carries eastbound traffic. This bridge also carries all bicycles and pedestrians.
- Concrete deck box girder bridge over Mississippi River on westbound MN 43
- Winona, Winona County, Minnesota
- Open to one-way westbound traffic
- Opened August 27, 2016, carries only one-way westbound traffic July 1, 2019
- - Ames Construction Inc. of Burnsville, Minnesota
- Modern concrete box girder
Length of largest span: 450.2 ft.
Total length: 2,295.1 ft. (0.4 mi.)
Deck width: 34.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.05786, -91.64060 (decimal degrees)
44°03'28" N, 91°38'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/608882/4879197 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Winona West
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- MN 85851 (Minnesota bridge number)
BH 70818 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2018)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 80 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 6, 2019: Updated by Roger Deschner: Now carrying only westbound traffic
- June 18, 2018: Updated by Roger Deschner: Incorporate NBI data
- October 17, 2017: Updated by Roger Deschner: Bridge is entirely in Minnesota. Removed mention of Wisconsin.
- January 30, 2017: Updated by Roger Deschner: Completed, open to traffic
- February 8, 2016: Added by Roger Deschner
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com