Hudson Swing Bridge
Replaced the rickety 1881 swing bridge, which had a large quadruple intersection lattice through truss swing span with another quadrangular through truss approach and 10 pony through trusses. The 1872 bridge was 3,100' long with a 319' through truss swing span and a 136' Howe Through Truss span, with the remainder being trestle.
This bridge is strengthened and electrified in 1963
- Pratt through truss bridge over St. Croix River on Union Pacific Railroad
- Lakeland, Washington County, Minnesota, and St. Croix County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- Opened 1913, replacing 1881 and 1872 bridges
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 314.0 ft.
Total length: 568.0 ft.
- Also called
- UP St. Croix River Bridge
Union Pacific Swing Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.97999, -92.77018 (decimal degrees)
44°58'48" N, 92°46'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/518119/4980753 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 53764 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 4, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added historical information
- October 3, 2012: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- October 3, 2012: Added by John Marvig