CN - Cedar Bend Drawbridge
Cedar Bend Drawbridge
From Wisconsin Side
Photo taken by John Marvig in April 2012
BH Photo #231155
Build date provided by Soo Line Historical & Technical Society Archives.
- Warren through truss bridge over St. Croix River on Canadian National Railroad
- Washington County, Minnesota, and Polk County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- Built 1913, trestle replaced by I-Beam spans 1962; Substructure encased 2015
- - Edward Kraemer & Sons, Inc. of Plain, Wisconsin (2015 Substructure Encasement)
- Wisconsin Bridge & Iron Co. of Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Main Span)
- - Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Minneapolis, St. Paul, & Sault Ste. Marie Railroad (SOO)
- Osceola & St. Croix Valley Railway (O&SCV)
- Wisconsin Central Ltd. (WC)
- 1 I-Beam Span
1 Warren Truss Swing Span
8 I-Beam Spans
Length of largest span: 286.0 ft.
Total length: 675.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.27719, -92.75988 (decimal degrees)
45°16'38" N, 92°45'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/518833/5013771 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 52270 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 1, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: added builder and build date
- October 19, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- November 8, 2012: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- August 21, 2012: Updated by Matt Lohry: Corrected bridge type--this is actually a Warren through truss.
- August 10, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added category "railroad"
- April 30, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added categories "St. Croix River", "Built 1962"
- April 29, 2012: New photos from John Marvig
- April 28, 2012: Added by John Marvig