BNSF - Minnesota River Bridge
BNSF Minnesota River Bridge
Looking from the Marsh Lake Dam with a powerful telephoto. Bridge is about 1/4 of a mile downstream from the dam, and about 3/4 of a mile from any local road following the tracks. Needless to say, this is about as good as the views will get.
Photo taken by John Marvig in August 2012
BH Photo #249024
Build date provided by 1961 Great Northern Railroad bridge records.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Minnesota River on BNSF Railway
- Swift County, Minnesota, and Lac qui Parle County, Minnesota
- Open to traffic
- Built 1916
- - BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Great Northern Railway (GN)
- Through plate girder with Deck Plate Girder and Trestle approaches
Length of largest span: 70.0 ft.
Total length: 360.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.16792, -96.08938 (decimal degrees)
45°10'04" N, 96°05'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/728729/5005725 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 55535 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 14, 2013: New photos from John Marvig
- February 12, 2013: Added by John Marvig