MPLI - Minnesota River Bridge
Photo taken by Jason Smith
BH Photo #177501
- Pratt through truss bridge over Minnesota River on Twin Cities and Western Railroad
- Morton, Redwood County, Minnesota, and Renville County, Minnesota
- Open to traffic
- Built 1896
- - Phoenix Bridge Co. of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- - Minneapolis & St. Louis Railway (M&StL; MSTL)
- Minnesota Prairie Line (MPLI)
- Twin Cities Western Railroad (TCWR)
- Pratt through truss with 87 approach spans of pile bridge.
Length of largest span: 157.0 ft.
Total length: 1,342.0 ft.
- Also called
- M&STL Bridge #53
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.54569, -94.98879 (decimal degrees)
44°32'44" N, 94°59'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/342019/4934408 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 46154 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 29, 2018: New photos from John Marvig
- October 31, 2014: New photos from John Marvig
- August 10, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added category "Twin Cities Western Railroad"
- March 3, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Minnesota Prairie Line"
- March 2, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Corrected build date, added some links.
- March 2, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- February 28, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added categories "Minnesota River", "Scheduled for replacement", "6-panel truss"
- July 7, 2011: Updated by Luke Harden: added flickr link to photo of trestle
- July 7, 2011: Updated by John Marvig: Built 1884, not 1883
- September 13, 2010: Added by Jason Smith