BN - Fertile Bridge
Fertile Railroad Bridge
Looking from the west? Photo was donated to me in October 2011.
Photo taken by Ronald Taallerud
BH Photo #234197
Girder from Bridge #84, St. Paul Division mainline near Rice, Minnesota. Original fabrication date unknown. Information from NPRHA.org Online Collection
- Lost Deck plate girder bridge over Sand Hill River on Burlington Northern Railroad
- Fertile, Polk County, Minnesota
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1916 using a secondhand girder, removed along with the railroad 1986, trail bridge built ca. 2005
- - Burlington Northern Railroad (BN)
- Northern Pacific Railroad (NP)
- 7 Spans Trestle
1-50' Deck plate girder
5 Spans Trestle
Length of largest span: 50.0 ft.
Total length: 218.0 ft.
- Also called
- NP - Sand Hill River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +47.52368, -96.27869 (decimal degrees)
47°31'25" N, 96°16'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/704852/5266950 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 52766 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 30, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: added original location from NP Authorization for Expenditure
- August 7, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added category "Railroad"
- June 28, 2012: Added by John Marvig