Old Silver Creek Road Truss
Silver Creek RD NE bridge
Once connected this road to the "Olmsted Waste to Energy Facility"
Photo taken by Nate Ahrensfeld in April 2010
BH Photo #163777
There is a place in the middle of the bridge where it appears a builder's plaque used to be (also leading me to believe that this may have been two separate bridges at one point), but that plaque is no longer there. This bridge was used to connect Silver Creek Road NE, but only a few years after the Olmsted Waste Facility opened in 1987, the bridge was closed due to increasing traffic demands. The bridge is easily bypassed for traffic, but remaines open for pedestrians and bicycles.
- Warren pony truss bridge over Silver Creek; formerly part of Silver Creek RD NE
- Rochester, Olmsted County, Minnesota
- Open to pedestrians
- Probably built 1934; Closed to traffic in late 1988
- Rivet Connected Warren Pony Truss
The Northern span has taller truss'. Possibly two separate bridges at one point?
- Also called
- Quarry Hill Truss Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.02871, -92.42884 (decimal degrees)
44°01'43" N, 92°25'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/545770/4875220 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 45083 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 28, 2010: Added by Nate Ahrensfeld